Monday, January 7, 2013

Shawna's Chimi's - Utah test drive


  •  I set out to make Shawna's Chicken Chimi recipe tonight and realized that I bought regular taco seasoning instead of chicken taco seasoning.  I was just going to use it anyway until I remembered that I had my own blend in the cupboard!  
  • I got this recipe from Bobby Flay and I love it!  We usually use it during the spring / summer when we make tacos on the grill.  It's very flavorful but mild enough even for Penny to enjoy.  The original recipe is below.  When I made my batch I didn't have ancho chili powder so I just used regular.  Whatever you have.
  • Spice-Rubbed Chicken Breast
  • from Bobby Flay
  • 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 ounces each)
The chimi's were a success!  Thanks for the recipe Shawna! Connie has agreed to post her enchilada sauce recipe so I can't wait to try that with it next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment