Sunday, January 6, 2013

Louie's Cilantro Lime Tacos

 
These are a favorite at our house! We make them at least twice a month!

You will need:
Garlic Salt (We prefer Lawry's)
Morton's Season-All Reduced Sodium Seasoning Salt
1- 2 lbs beef for fajitas or stir fry meat
1- 2 lbs chicken breast for fajitas or stir fry
4 Limes cut into wedges
1 bunch Cilantro
4 jalepenos
1 medium white or yellow onion
2 dozen taco size flour tortillas
Cheese to top tacos

Cut the meat into bite size pieces, if I cant find the stir-fry I use fajita strips and they work great.
Brown the meat in two seperate pans and add garlic salt and seasoning salt to taste.
While the meat is cooking dice the onion, jalepeno and cilantro (I use my ninja chopper because it is fast and easy!) and put on a plate to use as toppings.
Cook meat on low until it is tender and the chicken is golden brown.
warm tortillas and get ready to eat!
Serve with spanish rice or fideos ;)
We usually each make our own plate and add the toppings we like and then squeeze the lime over our tacos. My favorite is a little of each topping (including the cheese that no one else likes!) with a lot of lime juice!

I hope this makes sense, let me know if I forgot to explain something!




No comments:

Post a Comment