Monday, January 21, 2013
Baked Chicken Parmesean
I got this recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff. I don't think the picture does it justice (I really need to find something on how to better photograph food). It was so good, I think it has to do with the breading being crushed croutons instead of just bread crumbs that makes it so flavorful. For the sauce, I used Giada DeLaurentes' Veggie Marinara (our fav). For the side I just sauteed some yellow squash with some Italian seasoning and just a little bit of butter. I added the spinach as a bed. Even Penny loved it, we will definitely be making this one again!
Ingredients:
Vegetable cooking spray
2 cups Pepperidge Farm Four Cheese and Garlic Croutons (or your favorite - we used Texas Toast Cheese and Garlic. Very yummy)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
1 cup marinara sauce, heated
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*. Spray baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Place croutons in Ziploc bad and crush (or in food processor) until crumbs form.
Dip chicken into egg. Coat with crumbs. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spray chicken with vegetable cooking spray.
Bake 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done. Spoon pasta sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. (I put them back in the hot oven for a couple more minutes to let the cheese melt).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment