Thursday, February 7, 2013

Green Chili Burros

 
Nursing school has once again taken over my free time/life so I haven't been on to post! I will try to be better about it :) I made this a few weeks ago and again tonight! This is an all time favorite at our house! I make a double batch sometimes just so we can have leftovers for lunch the next day! It is actually really simple and doesn't require a lot of attention so its nice to throw in the pot and do things around the house while it cooks!

 

Green Chili Pork

1 package boneless pork chops (about 6 to 8 pork chops) cubed into small bite size pieces

2 small tomatoes

1 medium yellow onion

Frozen green chili to taste (I use about 3/4 of a tub of Bacas green chili but you don't need to use that much if you don't want it very hot!)

Lawry's Seasoning salt to taste

Lawry's Garlic Salt to taste

Pepper to taste

2TBS Pancake mix (any kind, Bisquick works best)

Cube the pork chops into small bite size pieces, about 1/2" cubes. Chop tomato up into small pieces (doesn't really matter how small or if they are all perfect shapes because by the end they dissolve into the chili) and dice the onion. Put this all in the pan together and do NOT add any oil to brown it. Season with the seasoning salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Let this simmer on med to med/high for about 30 to 45 minutes stirring occasionally. Cook longer at medium to make the meat more tender if you want. When all the meat is browned and cooked through there should be some water/juice from the veggies if not add about 1 to 1 and a half cups water. Then whisk in the pancake mix, whisk quickly so there will not be any lumps. (my brother in law gave me the idea of the pancake mix and I thought he was nuts but it actually is really good and makes it a nice consistency without having to use oil) Let this come to a boil for about 5 minutes and then add the green chili to taste. Let this simmer for about 15 minutes and serve in a burro with or without cheese! This meat also makes DELICIOUS green chili cheese folds!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had time to post some things on here! I was starting to feel like I was talking to myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard the pancake mix trick. I'm excited to try these - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete