Ok So I have a new favorite cooking show... The Pioneer Woman. She makes the best looking food and it all seems pretty simple and quick. Tanner asked if I could make her meatball subs for dinner tonight so I did! They were delicious (according to Louie and the boys since you know I dont eat meat! haha) There were a few things I altered but here is her recipe:
Ingredients
- 1 pound Ground Chuck Or Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Panko Or Other Bread Crumbs
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced (I used 1/2 tsp already minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (I didn't have this I just used a tiny bit of butter to saute the onions)
- 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 jar (large) Marinara Sauce
- 12 whole Dinner Rolls (or Slider Rolls) (I used dinner rolls for the little boys and regular sub rolls for me Louie and Hunter)
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese, Cut Into Four Wedges Each ( I used shredded italian cheese because thats what I had on hand)
Preparation Instructions
Mix meat with bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and milk. Knead together with hands. Roll into heaping tablespoon-sized rolls.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for one minute. Add meatballs between the onions and brown for one minute. (You might have to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet.)
Pour in jar of marinara; shake pan gently to mix. Put on lid and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
When ready to serve, cut each dinner roll in half. I spread a little garlic butter over the sub rolls and toast them under the broiler for about 3 minutes. This just makes them extra delicous!Place a wedge of Provolone on the top and bottom of each roll. Spoon a meatball (or meatballs) with the sauce onto the bottom bun; top with the top bun.
Serve immediately!
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for one minute. Add meatballs between the onions and brown for one minute. (You might have to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet.)
Pour in jar of marinara; shake pan gently to mix. Put on lid and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
When ready to serve, cut each dinner roll in half. I spread a little garlic butter over the sub rolls and toast them under the broiler for about 3 minutes. This just makes them extra delicous!Place a wedge of Provolone on the top and bottom of each roll. Spoon a meatball (or meatballs) with the sauce onto the bottom bun; top with the top bun.
Serve immediately!
Those sound yummy!! I might have to try that this week. I'm not sure if mine would end up in a roll or on top of a big plate of spaghetti (mmm...pasta) but either way it sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt would be good on spaghetti too! The boys have the same love of bread and cheese as I do so they were all over this! haha!
ReplyDelete